What is Bridges Ministry North?
The mission of Bridges Ministry North is to bring about the inclusive participation of children, youth, and all individuals with disabilities in the Reid Temple North (RTN) church community.
What is the Vision for Bridges Ministry North?
Bridges Ministry under the governance of RTN leadership envision accessible, inclusive, missional fellowship and worship opportunities that are engaging and engaged by children, youth, individuals, and families with special needs. We are striving for a hospitable and healthy church community that intentionally seek to:
- Reduce the isolation and disconnectedness of children, youth, and individuals with disabilities and their families.
- Nurture the spiritual lives of children, youth, and individuals with disabilities so that they become professing and active members; and
- Encourage the gifts of children, youth , and individuals with disabilities so that they can participate in the Reid Temple community and serve God fully to the greatest extent possible.
The foundational goal is a church where all belongs and all serve.
What Will Bridges Ministry North Do?
Bridges Ministry will work to increase disability awareness through the Reid Temple and local communities by:
- Providing support through Life Groups, resource dissemination, and intercessory prayer;
- Programmatic opportunities;
- Working with leadership to identify and address ancillary needs of families of individuals with disabilities; and
- Increasing accessibility for all individuals with disabilities across Reid Temple and local communities
Who is Bridges Ministry North Designed to Support?
- Individuals and their families with disabilities
Who Can Help with the Bridges Ministry North?
- Family members, caregivers of individuals with disabilities, and individuals with disabilities;
- Professionals, related service providers, and school support personnel who work with individuals with disabilities; and
- Any person who has a heart and a calling to actively support the ministry
Need more information, please contact Sharon Dockery and Lisa Thomas, at